I feel like a broken record here, but I know a majority of you all feel the same, so I’ll say it again. I cannot wait for 2016 to be over! Tomorrow is the last day of one of the most interesting years I’ve ever experienced. After 2016, I wonder just how interesting 2017 will actually be …
The goal today is to keep this post sweet and simple – something I’m just not very good at! 😉 But I wanted to take a minute to thank all of the amazing people I’ve been lucky enough to work with this year and I sincerely hope I get to work with you again whether it be at your engagement session, your wedding, or your 1st year anniversary session! And to all of the vendors I’ve partnered up with – the goal is to produce another styled shoot in spring 2017. If you want in, hit me up!
So – 2016. The year of growth, with a whole lot of hard work and a dash of quirk and sass! In 2016, I photographed:
- 7 weddings – I began second shooting and I photographed my first same sex wedding!
- 5 engagement sessions
- countless portrait sessions
- my 1st styled shoot and an amazing styled shoot at Warwick Farms
This year, I made the transition to shooting with a full-frame camera, which means that I’ll be producing even better images for my clients. One of my favorite purchases was the Sigma Art 85! I’d been dreaming and hoping for it to be created for over two years!
One of my biggest accomplishments this year was putting more dedication into providing a great experience for my couples. I’ve done this by:
- writing helpful content on my blog, specifically my Tuesday Tips series
- providing a recommended vendors list to my clients
- offering gifted engagement sessions to my full-day coverage clients
- thoughtful planning and attention to detail is put into all engagement sessions and wedding day timelines
- providing my full-day coverage clients with keepsake boxes to showcase just how special their wedding day was
- becoming friends with my clients
By doing all of these things, I’ve managed to book more weddings for my 2017 season than I’ve booked over the last two years! I’m very excited to be working with a group of amazing people next year to document their love stories and I cannot wait to continue meeting new brides and grooms!
Here’s to 2017! Check back next week to read up on my New Year’s goals!